Activities and Attractions
In addition to Saint Lucia's stunning scenery and all of the attractions of the Capella Marigot Bay, a wide array of activities and attractions are available to satisfy even the most adventurous Caribbean traveller.
While most people tend to associate a holiday in the Caribbean with lazy days sunbathing and a quick splash to the palm-fringed swim-up bar, Saint Lucia can offer these attractions and a whole lot more.
Even on an island as small as 238 square miles, there are many tucked away treasures just waiting for discovery.
The hotel concierge desk can arrange island excursions and other activities such as horseback riding, golf, scuba diving and rainforest hiking.
- Bateau Mygo - Exclusive Yacht Charter - This is a 'must do' experience. Explore Saint Lucia's west coast to find your private beach, snorkel in crystal blue waters, enjoy romantic and intimate moments.
- Dolphin & Whale Watching - Saint Lucia has its fair share of resident and visiting cetaceans. Look out for pods of Spinning and Spotted Dolphins, Pilot, Sperm and Orcas whales. Enjoy the excitement while you search for some of the world's greatest mammals.
- Canopy Tour - Enjoy a bird's eye view as you zip through six platforms with a unique view of the tropical rainforest and river. This adventurous tour takes place in the thick of the Saint Lucian trainforest.
- Gros Piton Hike - The Pitons are a World Heritage Site and considered by Oprah Winfrey as one of the "five places to see in your lifetime." Gros Piton (2619ft) is a highly recommended climb. Be sure to bring comfortable shoes.
- Jungle Biking - This tour is designed for the novice as well as the experienced rider. Your tour begins as you are picked up by a 55 foot power boat for the 30 minute cruise south along St Lucia's picturesque west coast to the Jungle Reef Adventure near the village of Soufriere and the world renowned twin peaks of the Pitons. 12 miles of trail awaits riders in a lush coastal rainforest that features tropical fruits, flowers and birds.
- Land and Sea - Enjoy the best of both worlds as you explore the interior of the island by jeep and see the spectacular coastline by boat. Travel southward through banana plantations, fishing villages, the rainforest and rich tropical island vegetation. See the Majestic Pitons, visit the Sulphur Springs in the Drive-in Volcano, and the Toraille Waterfall and tropical gardens. Sail back by catamaran, stop for swimming in the crystal clear waters of Anse-Cochon marine reserve park.
- Kite Surfing - For something more extreme there's action-packed kite boarding. There are two kite surf centres on the island. The Reef Kite & Surf to the South in Vieux Fort and Tornado Kite & Surf to the North at Cas En Bas Beach are both IKO (International Kiteboarding Organisation) affiliated centres and employ fully certified instructors.
Sulphur Springs - The world's only drive-in volcano. Tour its bubbly, steamy sulphur springs and learn about the geology of the Caribbean Rim. Botanical Gardens - To view Saint Lucia's rare and exotic flora, you can visit three exquisite tropical botanical gardens.
- Diamond Botanical Gardens - The Diamond Botanical Gardens in Soufriere features mineral baths and a picturesque waterfall.
- Mamiku Gardens - Nature trails meander through the gardens which encircle the ruins of an 18thCentury Micoud Estate.
- Bonne Terre Tropical Gardens - Tour over four acres of lush gardens and explore a beautiful plantation house. Located near Rodney Bay.
Pigeon Island - On the northern tip of the island and famous as the main stage venue for the island's annual jazz festival, Pigeon Island is the perfect spot for a relaxing, educational and enjoyable half day. History buffs will enjoy the mini-museum that offers a brief look at the site's history.
All island tours and excursions can be arranged through the hotel's Concierge.